RealMyst for Oculus Go! (Wishing for it, that is...)

General discussion about realMyst.

RealMyst for Oculus Go! (Wishing for it, that is...)

Postby Mowog » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 am

Hi, all.

I'm a bit of a VR fan, and although I haven't gone full tilt with a Rift or Vive, I'm having great fun with my Oculus Go, and a GearVR before that.

So... Wouldn't it be cool to have a VR version of RealMyst, suitable for the Oculus devices? Naturally, there are other Cyan titles that might lend themselves as well, but RealMyst seems better suited for the format.

Cheers,

Mowog
MOUL KI: 174162

Mowog
Obduction Backer

Re: RealMyst for Oculus Go! (Wishing for it, that is...)

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:54 am

I know Cyan is all hot for VR right now, so you can expect future titles from the to work with it. And I believe there's interest on their part to do it for RealMyst. However, that's a lot of work and a lot of money for something that is going to be super niche. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

If you're really interested in a VR Myst game, check out the Starry Expanse. They announced last year that they would be incorporating VR into their remake of Riven. They have a lot of work still ahead of them, but they've made tremendous progress. http://www.starryexpanse.com/
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 am

Read here from someone who feels the same… and also mentions a few points why realMyst as it is would not work well in VR.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby Mowog » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Interesting stuff indeed! Wow, I'd lost track of the Starry Expanse Project. They're doing some amazing work, to be sure.

Mowog
MOUL KI: 174162

Mowog
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion